How To Get Involved With Access 21
If you are interested in
producing your own show to be cablecast on our channel, or in
learning television production to be a volunteer on other members’
shows, you must follow the steps below:
1) You must first attend a FREE orientation session. These are held every second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 6:00 PM at the CMPAC facility. No reservations are required. The orientation will explain what Public Access is and how you can get involved. It will also include a tour of our production facility. The session will last about 90 minutes.
2) Following the Orientation, you may register in person during our normal office hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM. To register you will need to fill out a Registration Form, show a valid government-issued photo ID with your current residential address on it, and pay a registration fee. The fee can be paid in cash or by personal check (the address on the check must also be your current residential address).
• $25 fee for Charlotte residents.
• $65 fee for Mecklenburg County residents outside of the city limits.
• $100 fee for those residing outside of Mecklenburg County. (NOTE: non-County residents can volunteer on shows, but cannot produce a program.)
3) After registering, you can sign up for our Training Classes, including Basic Studio and Producer. (Please see the complete information Here.) Only those who are certified by CMPAC can operate our equipment or produce a program on the channel.
* You must be at least 16 years old to register at CMPAC. Those under 18 must have adult supervision while at the facility, and Parent or Guardian must be present and sign at time of registration.